Monday, October 30, 2006

HO HUM, GEORGIA LOSES AGAIN

#9 Florida 21, Georgia 14

For the first time in my life I watched/napped through a Gators win over the University of Georgia Bulldogs, but daddy says I shouldn’t get too excited because, after all, we do own them. Is it really a rivalry if one team has won 8 of the last 9, and 15 of the last 17? I don’t think so. Still, it’s nice that we keep them on our schedule every year…you know, to make them feel like they’re still a big-time program.


Anyway, our defense played well, but our offense was shakier than my lower lip when I’m about to cry. I like QB Chris Leak and all (I mean, we have the same hair line,) but when the pressure’s on he’s like the A-Rod of quarterbacks (cough, cough, choke!) In his defense, I’ve heard that he may have played half of the game with a mild concussion…suffered after he hit himself in the head after throwing an interception, of course.


I do like our freshman QB, Tim Tebow, despite his fumble in the 2nd half. He reminds me a lot of my sister Emmy: lots of energy, a little goofy, and always running. I plan on modeling my game on his when I’m the Gators’ quarterback in 2024…2025 at the latest.


On Monday the Gators moved up to #7 in the polls, and #4 in the BCS polls. If they win out (which they will, of course) they have a shot at playing for the national championship. Although of course I want my team to win, I’m a bit concerned that if they won it all daddy would go overboard with the orange and blue paraphernalia. I’m down with the Gator onesies, hats and booties, but I will draw the line at a “Official National Championship Diaper!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been scanning through your blog...it's so great! What a fun Dad you are!
And, I might add...A HUGE Gator fan (duh)!