Thursday, October 12, 2006

GEAUX GATORS!!!

#5 Florida 23, #9 LSU 10

Ever since my heroic performance against Alabama, daddy has insisted that I always be present whenever the Gators are playing. Last Saturday I had a previous engagement to attend a birthday party for “Rebecca” (big sister Emmy’s friend,) but mommy promised daddy that I’d be home in time for the big game against Louisiana State. Many “experts” were predicting that LSU would upset us, but if there’s one thing I’ve learned in my short time outside the womb, it’s that most so-called experts are idiots! I mean, lose in the Swamp? That’s something Coach Meyer has never done (they must have been thinking that Ron Zook was still running things!)




Anyway, the birthday party was fun, even though nobody gave me any presents. My big sisters Cameron and Emerson (who fight all the time over who gets to hold me next) had a good time, and the birthday cake looked yummy…and what goes great with cake? Milk, of course!!! I was happily enjoying my mid-day milk when suddenly I realized the game had already started; let me tell you...tike flies when you’re nursing! I tried to remind mommy that I had a date with daddy, but she just thought I wanted to be rocked to sleep (damn those cozy arms!) When I woke up I could sense it was halftime, at that my Gators were only ahead 14-7…my daddy needed me!


By the time we got home Florida had scored a safety on a muffed punt, and Tim Tebow had come into the game to throw a 35 yard TD pass, but daddy still rubbed me for good luck when LSU looked like it might stage a comeback in the 4th quarter (and immediately threw an interception…thanks to me, of course.) As a result of this big win, the Gators moved up to #2 in the polls on Monday…and I celebrated by going #2 in my diaper!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You party animal...I am quite impressed by your insights and sense of humor. You're right, you ARE beautiful. I'd like to see a picture of your other sister too.
Hugs and kisses, Gigi